Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Test Sound/ SFX for 'ToyWood'



We decided to test some sound for different parts of our 2 Minute film. The sound clip was created with Garage Band and we used a variety of sounds from bass to jingles to get a set feel for our film.
The first sound you hear is an idea for the opening title. We wanted it to sound mysterious and creepy so I think that we may have to add something else because at the moment, it sounds more mysterious than creepy.
The second sound you hear is an idea for when the little girl sees the toys. We added a suspense sound so it made the audience feel strange that these toys are stood in the middle of the wood.
The third sound you hear is a practise sound to see what different effects sound when we put them together. I like the hard bass in the background as it makes the track feel mysterious with the soft sound contrasting from the bass. It makes it sound like Sci-Fi so I think that if we use this technique, we will have to find sounds which fit in with our creepy film.
The last two sounds are similar and are going to be used in the same part of the film. In the middle of our film, or nearer the end, the toys start to shake and move around. I think that these sounds are perfect for that part as they sound electric and mechanical like they are moving. I had the idea that the last sound could be at the end when the toys drop down before rolling back up.


  • Opening Title
  • Seeing the toys
  • Practising layering sounds
  • Moving toys / shaking 

No comments:

Post a Comment